The winner of this year’s Wolfson History Prize will be announced at a virtual awards ceremony, hosted on our website from 8pm (BST) on Monday 15 June 2020.
The six books shortlisted for this year’s prize are:
- The Boundless Sea: A Human History of the Oceans by David Abulafia
- A History of the Bible: The Book and Its Faiths by John Barton
- A Fistful of Shells: West Africa from the Rise of the Slave Trade to the Age of Revolution by Toby Green
- Cricket Country: An Indian Odyssey in the Age of Empire by Prashant Kidambi
- The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold
- Chaucer: A European Life by Marion Turner
We look forward to welcoming you to this special event, celebrating all our shortlisted authors and revealing this year’s overall winner.
Please note that this event is free and open to all. No advanced registration is required. You can keep up to date with the latest news on the Prize in the lead up to 15 June by following us on our Twitter: @WolfsonHistory #WolfsonHistoryPrize.